Wednesday, February 23, 2011

Clerihew me! Oh no, clerihew you!

One of my regular blog checks is Jonathan Rogers (http://jonathan-rogers.com/).  He does some fun stuff, especially Audience Participation Friday with encouragement to join in.  Recently the APF was to suggest future APF topics to which I lagged for quite a while and finally chimed in with Clerihews.

From wiki:
A clerihew is a whimsical, four-line biographical poem invented by Edmund Clerihew Bentley. ..........
A clerihew has the following properties:

It is biographical and usually whimsical, showing the subject from an unusual point of view; it pokes fun at mostly famous people
It has four lines of irregular length (for comic effect); the third and fourth lines are usually longer than the first two
The rhyme structure is AABB; the subject matter and wording are often humorously contrived in order to achieve a rhyme
The first line consists solely (or almost solely) of the subject's name.



Since then I've been stuck on commenting with clerihews about his subject matter.

Not being above a joke myself (especially as a find my life quite humorous and enjoyable and in some sense a joke that I get to be a part of it)

Daniel Kulp
gave up on most written pulp.
Now I listen while doing a drive,
Tis safer than a book going sixty-five.


Feel free to build your own about me, or yourself, or anybody.

2 comments:

  1. Daniel Kulp
    is known to many;
    but a chosen few, how so'
    he is preeminantly known as Ro

    (I know, the first rhyme is bad, but I can live with it.)

    ReplyDelete
  2. >> editors correction <<
    Daniel Kulpy
    is known to many;
    but a chosen few, how so'
    he is preeminantly known as Ro

    (I know, the first rhyme is bad, but I can live with it.)

    ReplyDelete