Thursday, December 6, 2012

Old Wisdom - Hosea 11

I was listening to a Thomas McKenzie sermon ("Insulation") and he pulled out a portion of Hosea 11 that hit me.

It was just full of images of God loving his people in a very personal and real way.  It isn't something you see as often in the OT, especially beyond Psalms.

Yet it was I who taught Ephraim to walk;
I took them up in my arms,
but they did not know that I healed them.
 I led them
with bands of human kindness,
with cords of love.
I treated them like those
who lift infants to their cheeks;
I bent down to them and fed them.


Then he acknowledges how Israel has strayed and the anguish that causes.  It is just some great stuff.

Mostly I wanted to capture the thought somewhere before it runs away. http://www.biblegateway.com/passage/?search=hosea%2011&version=CEB

No comments:

Post a Comment