Friday, January 6, 2012

List-en Here

I've seen a few top lists of 2011.  Here's mine:

Books -
Hunger Games (I still need to write a review)
The Chosen by Chaim Potok
My Name is Asher Lev  by Chaim Potok
Father Brown Mysteries GK Chesterton.
my top has to be "William Tell" by PG Wodehouse.  It was VERY good; and at the end Wodehouse shares an epic poem version of the tale.  Superb.

Music - my toughest category

Josh Garrels keeps getting re-played at work - and Jill Phillips and The Civil Wars
Jason Gray "See in the Dark" has been running a long time in our kitchen music machine.
Slugs & Bugs Underwhere? has been steadily played.
A very close second goes to the Andy Osenga pre-release of "Leonard the Lonely Astronaut"
Bluebird by Randall Goodgame has been my favorite gem of this year.

Movies - apparently it was a forgettable movie year, not much is jumping to to me.
I saw "Dark Knight" this year.  It was impressive.
"The Muppets" was very good.
"Sherlock Holmes" I think is my top pick of the year.  I only saw the first one but I was impressed with the story and development.

TV -
Phineas & Ferb is still going strong.
Psych.
I'm late to the game but "Firefly" was superb.

1 comment:

  1. I have yet to read anything from Wodehouse, even though I'm sure I'll like him.

    Yay, Civil Wars! Everyone enjoys them, but they deserve it.

    ReplyDelete